Photography by Katie McLeod
My favorite question to ask my couples in our first CONVERSATION is "How did you meet?" I want to hear your story, and I want to know where you came from. this is so important to me. how can we create a place that reflects you if we didn't take time to establish that in the beginning? When you walk in on wedding day i want you to know i'll show up as your friend and your biggest cheerleader. not just another vendor.
the name "The gray house'' was birthed out of a heart to make everyone feel welcomed. Ya know, when you go home to mamas, shes waiting with open arms and it feels right? that's the place we're welcoming you to. A place you can feel like yourself. to dream, to design, and to create a space you adore. with trusted research, a niche for communication, and a desire to go above and beyond, we're in your corner.
- if you look in my closet, you'll mainly see all black
- 90's country will always be my first choice of music
- always down for a trip to the beach
- candles are considered a love language
- i get too invested in tv shows and talk about the actors like we're best friends
- my husband is my favorite person
- if lost, probably at chick-fil-a, target, or a mexican RESTAURANT
- strong enneagram 8
- fresh flowers on my kitchen table is a fav
- I will never say no to a cheese board
- i hate wearing heels
- i'm a proud mama, raising a girl gang
A little more about me:
My name is Shea Wilson, and i'm the girl behind the gray house. my passion lies in creating something so much bigger then myself. I'm a believer in celebrating every little thing. My desire for this business started when my senior prom date decided we should hang out forever. from that time on my brain has been on a constant high from all things weddings + events.
BUT ONCE OUR WEDDING WAS OVER THE OBSESSING, MOOD BOARDS, AND COLOR PALLETS DIDN'T STOP. HONESTLY, IT WAS THE DRIVING FORCE. A FEW YEARS LATER IT WAS TIME FOR OUR SISTER TO GET MARRIED AND HERE WE GO AGAIN, I WAS IN FULL WEDDING PLANNING MODE, AND I NEVER WANTED IT TO STOP. CREATING, DREAMING, & PUTTING IT ALL INTO ACTION MADE ME REALLY REALLY GIDDY.
I'M NOT HERE BECAUSE THIS SOUNDS LIKE A FUN JOB. (ALTHOUGH, IT IS THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD) I TRULY THRIVE OFF SEEING YOUR VISION COME TO LIFE. MY NUMBER ONE GOAL IS CREATING AN ATMOSPHERE THAT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU, AND IS EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER DREAMED OF ON YOUR WEDDING DAY.